Wednesday, March 4, 2009

WHO DO YOU TRUST?

Scale weight = up 0.2 to 63.8 kg

Training = Workout F (little bit of this and a little bit of that)

Feeling = When it comes to training and nutrition who do you trust? The internet, fitness magazines, your family and friends, your Personal Trainer/Coach or yourself? When it comes to my nutrition I believe and trust what I do is right for me. I do, however, realise that everyone is different and what works for me may not always work for others. Case example, I have two clients I'm preparing to compete in May. One does well on higher carbs and not so well on lower carbs, the other seems to do better on moderate carbs. This tells me that we are each individuals and need to structure our nutrition requirements accordingly. I love my training, I do what feels right. This may change from time to time, even day to day. I listen to my body and I look at my body. I like structure, I love programs, I love following a schedule. With diarising my training I find I aim higher and push harder each session to beat the previous one. A trainer is beneficial in this regard for guidance, motivation, inspiration and that encouragement we all need from time to time but if you don't trust your trainer and have confidence in what/how they are training you then it's time to move on to someone else. The relationship between trainer and client must be two-fold. You need to have the desire and dedication, they need to support you fully and want the very best for you. After all, your success is their success. When you have this you're on a winning formula to achieving everything outside of your comfort zone and inside the possibility zone. Belief in oneself is also paramount. As the saying goes "if you don't believe, you won't achieve!" Who do you trust?