Wednesday, October 7, 2009

THE FOOD WAR IS OVER!!


I'm constantly bombarded with the voice of the food police, better known to me as "Mad Monkey". He tells me things like:
  • I need to watch portion sizes

  • The more I eat the more exercise I have to do

  • If I eat everytime I'm hungry I'll just get fatter and fatter

  • I will never lose weight

  • I'm fat

  • I have to watch what I eat more closely

I'm dealing with these constant chants by writing down any negative thoughts that enter my mind. I simply dump them and wait until I feel calm again. This may be 5 minutes later or a day or two. I then go back and give myself a choice, without emotion. It's a mature reponse and an empowering alternative which sends MM back into the jungle to scratch his balls. I never said it was easy but it sure as hell is worth it.