Friday, January 9, 2009

THEY'RE FINALLY BACK!!

After months of eagerly awaiting the day yet dreading it at the some time; they're here, they're back. TOM arrived this morning! I haven't had a period since losing them in February 2008 during comp prep. It is quite a relief although I'm hating them already with mild cramping in my abdomen. My theory (I always have a theory) is that I've finally got my eating with moderation under control, I'm far more relaxed, have been resting (as in sleeping) a bit more over the holidays, and generally not stressing about too much which has allowed my body to regulate the hormones once again. As I'm in Sydney I text hubby to tell him the news (he'll be disappointed as we were planning a final night out without the kids tomorrow night upon my return) and he replied with "looks like you're not pregnant then". I replied back with "thank god - unless I've been prega's for a year" (LOL).

Training wise Katie and I headed to the gym this morning for a back and biceps session in which we worked on my technique and form with training biceps in order for me to build mountains rather than pissy hills. This is going to be a major focus over the coming months to keep my shoulders out of it and get my biceps to do all the work! Afterwards a 15 minute run on the tready pulled us up before heading home again for some fabulous pancakes with maple syrup and yoghurt - yum!