Sunday, November 8, 2009

WHAT'S WRONG?


What's wrong with saying "morning" to someone as you pass them on your morning walk? What's wrong with smiling at someone as you pass them in the street? What's wrong with helping an elderly lady find an item at a health food store? What's wrong with giving a wave and mouthing "thank you" to the driver of a car who gives way to you? What's wrong with tipping a handsome french waiter who has given you excellent dining service? What's wrong with picking up your rubbish when the event is over? What's wrong with telling your husband and children "I love you" every single day? There's absolutely nothing wrong with any of these things, yet why don't we do them more often? What's wrong in the world today is we lack showing kindness, gratitude, empathy and love to ourselves and are therefore unable to show it to others. I thank God every single day I'm no longer the bitch I used to be and give to myself as well as others.