Wednesday, September 2, 2009

FORMER FUCK UPS/FUTURE DREAMS!!


I felt for a fellow blogger this morning when she made an admission. It made me think of how we all have "secrets" and things we are embarrassed/ashamed of and that NO-ONE is perfect and I don't need to be. As long as I make continual progress I am a winner. I wondered if our addictions/behaviours are unknowingly handed down through generations? I have a "belief" that divorce runs in families. I've divorced, my mum and dad divorced, my mum's mum and dad divorced and plenty of people I know who have divorced have similar stories. I worry for my eldest son from my first marriage. I hope he doesn't go through this unpleasant experience. I pray to God Sofie doesn't get caught up in the whirlwind of weight and body issues.

When I think of all my indiscretions I've been a fucked up human being at times. I've been so lucky to have help from professionals, family and friends to help me through and who continue to keep helping and supporting me.

I've detoured back to unknown territory this week doing it by myself, my way - no logging, scales only once weekly. Again I have no idea how many calories or the macros but do know that I am making healthy, nutritious choices and only eating when hungry, not emotional. I'm fueling my body with energy and flooding it with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. And feeling freaking wonderful for it too. I came to the conclusion that I'm only delaying the inevitable if I don't work through my issues now. It's actually making me a happier, stronger, more confident person too.

Closing off - bring on those heavy shit deadlifts tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!