Monday, September 7, 2009

THAT'S IT - JUST SQUAT & EAT PROTEIN!!

I was just going back through emails looking for something when I came across an email about getting bogged down with the little rocks instead of focusing on the big rocks - the stuff that really matters. And ended with a summary saying:

"Ever notice how lots of people make great progress doing “stupid” stuff? It’s because they’re doing while you’re not doing. Doing stupid stuff will always beat not doing smart stuff. That’s it - you’re done. Go squat and eat some protein."

Yes, my squats are stupidly ugly at the moment but I'm squatting (doing). Each week my progress is better. My deadlifts are unattractive but when you're lifting fucking heavy shit it ain't gonna be pretty!

Monday's Lift Heavy Shit Session

Fixed Rep Barbell Squat (40 reps in least amount of sets as possible)
- 50 kgs x 17 then 13 then 10 reps

DB Bench Press
- 17.5 kgs x 17 reps
- 17.5 kgs x 19 reps

Seated Military Barbell Press
- 45 kgs x 12 reps
- 45 kgs x 9 reps

Lying Cable Bicep Curls (trying to teach me not to cheat)
- 10 kgs x 25 reps
- 15 kgs x 17 reps