Friday, September 4, 2009

THE WEEK THAT WAS!!

I wanted to recall my week seeing as though I can't remember being this calm and relaxed and feeling so happy and accepting everything about me and actually enjoying the days in a very long time.

Positives
- I weighed myself on Monday morning and then put the scales upstairs and haven't hopped on since.
- I concluded what actually matters in my life.
- I haven't logged any food in calorie king.
- I've eaten what I wanted, when I wanted.
- I've eaten only when hungry except for one "moment". However, this moment was nothing like past efforts. 1 bowl and I stopped (see below).
- I went for healthy burger and chips, ate mindfully, only ate half the burger and left some chips on my plate. I was satisfied and not stuffed.
- Haven't thought about smoking.
- Menstruation returned.
- On two separation occasions I put icecream back in the freezer at the supermarket after walking away with it in my trolley. I reasoned that the kids or myself didn't need it but if I wanted an icecream I'd go to the shop to buy one.
- Stopped myself from eating a protein bar when I realised I was angry and wanted to be "bad".
- Not trying to be perfect anymore.
- Believing I can finally do what it is I'm doing.
- Started the week writing down what and how much I was eating but stopped doing that today as my confidence has increased in knowing what and when to eat.
- Assured myself that if I really want a protein bar or pepsi max or other chemical laden food then I will have it. No food is off limits. I want it to be a conscious choice rather than an emotionally fuelled action.
- Ate lots of beautiful, healthy, nutritious food.
- Drank lots of water and green tea.
- Did some form of exercise every day, even if just a half hour walk.
- As each day passed I became more comfortable with my body and started liking what I saw in the mirror.
- Journalled my thoughts each day.
- Spent more time with Dave and the kids and less time on the computer at nights.

Negatives
- Menstuation returned.
- Ate through boredom last night (bowl of nuts, crunchola, peanut butter, honey, dark chocolate and chocolate protein powder).
- Felt guilty over chucking a sickie from training today after last night and the fact that I've hardly done any cardio this week.
- Didn't get an "O" in before TOM returned and looks like hanging around for the weekend (lol).

20 to 4 - you lose negatives!