Monday, February 2, 2009

HAVING A SLACK ATTACK!!


Scale weight = same at 66.1 kg (fat bastard!)

Training = 25 min interval treadmill run, 15 min incline treadmill walk, biceps

Feeling = Slack! I got up at 5 am this morning and did the above training and was planning on taking the kids to school then going swim training. Just as the kettle boiled this morning the power went out (and has only just come back on) so lucky for me I was still able to have my oats for breaky. The kids had to have cereal which they weren't impressed with. They usually like toast. Anyway, I really didn't feel like going swimming and questioned myself as to whether I can make a 2 km open water swim without training too much. Katie said I can, Nicole also said I can but to get my arse swimming cause what else was I going to do? So, I went back to bed for an hour. I'm so not used to the slow pace of my life lately but think I should just enjoy it while it last cause in a couple of weeks I'll be back flat strap. Carolyn posted yesterday about training (or not) guilt and I've never really thought too much about it as for me training is as natural as brushing my teeth everyday yet I'm GUILTY of hardly ever taking a rest day. Even what I do class as a rest day is usually a good 1 hour walk. I just always think I've got to keep going. When I feel myself crashing I eat more food but don't take the day off training. So, guilty as charged!


Yep, I've been doing a lot of thinking lately. Katie posted a couple of days back about how she's now convinced that her "stack" is helping with recovery. I've been off my "gear" (sounds tougher doesn't it?) for a week to see if that may have been the culprit with bloating and although I think it may have had something to do with it (or maybe it's just the fat's diminished more from that area) I've been terribly sore from training this past week. I'm one who usually doesn't suffer DOMS no matter how hard I train but my hamstrings have only just come good from last Thursday's session with Liz, my lats and forearms are sore from shoulder training on Saturday and today my front delts and pecs are tender to the touch from yesterday. So, I've reintroduced them all (minus the creatine - I've ordered Beta-7 to try instead) and hopefully I'll stop getting sore cause I really really hate it!


I'm meeting the gorgeous Gilienne today at lunch time to catch up on all the goss! Really looking forward to it. Best go have a shower - I stink!