Monday, June 2, 2008

THE RAILS HAVE BEEN REPAIRED

Scale weight = comp weight + 6.6 kg
Food today = 1854 out of 1850 scheduled (21% F, 40% P, 39% C)
Water = 4550 mls

I am ashamed, very upset and embarrassed by the number on the scales this morning. I cannot believe it takes so long to get it off and just 8 short days to put it back on. I knew better but ignored the facts. I f@#ked up big time. Perhaps I thought I was invincible now I had reached my goal and done so well? Thought I'd test the theory that it doesn't come back in the same spots? Wanted to have that goal of losing again? Whatever, doesn't really matter now, the damage is done. I will not wallow in self-pity. I've been here before. It's time to take control again and step into action and that I did:

Training = 6 am - 30 mins elliptical intervals (Cals 395, Max HR 98%, Avg HR 85%)
10.30 am - weight training (Cals 222, Max HR 80%, Avg HR 57%)
followed by 30 min steady state run (Cals 399, Max HR 92%, Avg HR 84%)

This early morning's cardio session was hard. I am holding so much fluid and am puffy all over. I felt so unfit and found myself hiding on the elliptical in the corner. I did not want others to see me and closed my eyes during each working phase and willed myself to push faster.

I've written my own weight training program for this week and today trained chest, triceps and shoulders and followed with a steady state run which felt really nice and comfortable.

I've followed my eating plan today with no sign of derailment. Monday down, rest of week to follow.

Thank you everyone for your support and encouragement. I'm a firm believer in things happen for a reason. I'm meant to make all these wonderful friends.