Monday, June 23, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!

It's official - I'm now on the side closer to 40 than 30. Today I turned 36. So, how does one spend her birthday these days? Getting thrashed at rpm with coach right beside me turning up my dial - that's how! Actually, first up at 5.30 am was weight training (chest/triceps/shoulders) followed by a 20 min run. Then after the morning ritual of kids, school, etc it was off to participate with Liz in rpm and have a catch up. My first venture back into a gym after hiding out at home last week. I was a little apprehensive with the resistance to begin with but with Liz right next to me knew there'd be no bludging today. So, a total of 633 calories and maximum heart rate of 107% later we were hoeing into fruit and a delectable Detour caramel peanut protein bar brought home from the States. Seriously, those things taste like Snickers - yum! It was great to catch up and have a chat and feel good again. We exchanged gifts - Liz had bought me a fantastic Lorna Jane singlet saying "walk, run, move" and I'll let her tell you what I gave her. It was then home for lunch and these days a compulsory nanna nap. No celebratory drinks or eats tonight - I'm saving them for two weeks time when we have a planned birthday do for myself and two friends whose birthdays are all a couple of days apart.