Thursday, December 11, 2008

LAUGHING IN THE MIRROR

Scale weight = 65.9 kg

Training = 30 minute early morning walk only today

Feeling = excited, yet nervous! Eagerly awaiting tomorrow's photo shoot but more importantly spending the next few days with my gorgeous girlfriends whom have been a helping hand in my strength over the past months. This morning when I stepped on the scales I looked in the mirror and just started laughing when the number appeared. I got my 5 afterall. And really what's 900 grams in the scheme of things. I've managed to shed a total of 7.6 kilos in the past 7 weeks. Now, if this was one of my clients I'd tell them to reach around and give themselves a big pat on the back or go to the nearest person for a huge hug. So, to myself, Congratulations Shelley - awesome achievement! Not only on the weight side of things have I improved. More importantly to me is the way in which I've gone about it, learning each and every day, practicing balance, moderation and mindfulness. Not one day in the past 7 weeks has gone by where I haven't eaten one of my favourite foods (lollies, chocolate, ice-cream). It has proved to me that I don't have to be "perfect" as my personality dictates. Sure, there's a place and time for some for strict dieting, perhaps leading into competition, but for most people who want to live lean everyday and enjoy life "balance" is what matters most! This chicky is continuing to eat "something" every day for rest of my life. Today it's red frogs, chocolate paddle pop and caramel slice (you bet ya I'm carbing up for tomorrow).