Wednesday, April 29, 2009

INSIDE MY HEAD


I'm not a true hardcore competitor. Yeah, I'm competitive but mostly with myself. I don't diet hard. Tell me I have to eat tuna and lettuce to get on a stage and I'll fucken' kill myself before I get there. I eat junk. I eat processed food but mostly I eat healthy. I resist temptation (most times). I give in sometimes too. I have low calorie days. I have high calorie days. I have low carb, high carb, moderate carb days. I do what I feels right on the day. I reinforce positive behaviour of moderation by eating the foods I enjoy on a daily basis and practising on the way down. I train hard, always have, always will. Some days more so than others. I do my best on the day.

What will it mean if I don't look like my vision? Will I have failed myself? Could I have done better? Where did I go wrong? What did I do right?

What if I surpass my vision? What does that prove? Am I a better/wiser/smarter/stronger person because of it?

Either way I'm being me - true to myself and my beliefs. I'm loving my body, nuturing my mind, and loving my life. I'm living the life I've always imagined.

Otherwise - what's the point?