Friday, April 24, 2009

IF THE WALLS COULD TALK!!

As much as we try and not let the scales affect our thoughts and mood, when preparing to compete they become an important tool indicating whether we are or are not heading in the right direction, and hence the number can either make you or break you sometimes. This year, because I've been cruising in, doing the hard yards late last year, if the number was going down my subconscious was telling me I could eat more and hence I was in maintenance mode or just nudging a little bit off here and there. In an effort to stop these thought patterns I packed them up and pissed them off and have just been weighing in once or twice a week on a friends scales when I visit. At 5 weeks out I decided to get serious about dropping in order to be where I want to be and look how I want to look on "the day". Didn't want to get to 2 weeks out and go "shit -I've left my run too late". So, focus and dedication, has been revved up in which I've been rewarded with a scale drop of 1.1 kg's since last week - yippee! I'm rewarding myself with a massage this morning at 9 am - bliss! Today is going to be glorious!

Have you ever fed a lover with just your hands?

Closed your eyes and trusted, just trusted?

Have you ever thrown a fist full of glitter in the air?

Have you ever looked fear in the face and said “I just don't care?”

It's only half past the point of no return

The tip of the iceberg, the sun before the burn

The thunder before the lightning, the breath before the phrase

Have you ever felt this way?

Pink - 'Cuz I Can