Sunday, August 31, 2008

What Really Pisses Me OFF !!

About six months ago a member at Genesis told me they were doing "Tony Ferguson". I begged them not to, telling them what the effects would be and said there was an easier, better way to lose weight. Well, of course, she didn't listen to me. Now, this week she has approached me asking for my help as she hasn't lost any weight now for a month. So, being the helpful trainer that I am have booked a session to go through things with her. I asked her to write down what she's eating at the moment and what training she's doing. Here's her list:

Breakfast - shake 200 cals
Lunch - shake 200 cals
Dinner - 100 - 120 g meat/chicken/fish + salad of tomato, lettuce, celery, cucumber

occasionally diet jelly and fruit 1 - 2 orange, apple

20 - 30 mins treamill
10 mins rower
30 mins weight circuit
3 x rpm per week
2 x bodyattack per week
2 cardio boxing per week
1 - 2 bodypump per week
2 bodystep per week

Then, yesterday morning I get a text from her saying:

Shelley, my diet has to be able to fit in with my work shift work and inexpensive and something I like. I work in the operating theatre and can only get breaks when I can and quick break, no time for messing around and I want weight lost guaranteed and fairly quick as its nearly 12 months and I missed out on xmas, new year, my birthday and others birthdays and easter which will all be around another time but still I have missed out and loads. But most and above all I want to be at my goal weight. Will I ever get to it?

I've spent a couple of hours this morning writing up my recommendations for our appointment tomorrow. Wish me luck. I think I'm gonna need it.